Boston Shuttle customers will enjoy new departure and arrival facilities at LaGuardia in Terminal C as well as upgraded service to Boeing 717 aircraft. The move is part of Delta's strategy of adding bigger aircraft on more routes.
In 2012, Delta completed renovations to Terminal C as part of its $160 million investment to modernize and connect Terminals C and D at LaGuardia and opened a new 7,600 square foot Delta Sky Club featuring a full wall of windows with runway views. Customers will also have access to Delta's five new restaurants with menus led by celebrity chefs, an expansive food hall and fresh markets.
Weekday flights depart near the top of the hour from 6 a.m. through 8 p.m. and will be operated by Delta using Boeing 717 aircraft which accommodates 110 passengers including 12 first-class seats in a two-by-two configuration, 15 Economy Comfort and 83 economy seats in a two-by-three configuration. Boston-based customers will now be able connect through Delta's LaGuardia hub for access to 64 additional cities.
"Delta Shuttle customers between Boston and New York will fly on larger mainline jets as we shift operations to Terminal C," said Gail Grimmett, senior vice president – New York. "Customers will enjoy a great Delta Shuttle product with the frequency and amenities they've come to expect as well as being able to experience our most updated space at LaGuardia."
Delta Shuttle service began on its Boston to New York and Washington, D.C. to New York routes on September 1, 1991 after Delta completed the purchase of the Pan Am Shuttle. For nearly a quarter century the Delta Shuttle has been a core part of its New York operations. In June 2010, Delta added New York to Chicago-O'Hare service to the Shuttle operation.
Customers flying the Delta Shuttle between New York-LaGuardia and Boston will enjoy:
- Convenient, top of the hour schedule for Delta Shuttle customers including 15 weekday departures
- Check-in as close as 15 minutes prior to departure without bags or 30 with checked bags
- Dedicated check-in counters exclusively for Shuttle customers
- Expedited security screening with nearby access to TSA Pre-Check lanes for eligible passengers
- Dedicated gates – located near the Delta Sky Club in LaGuardia's Terminal C – with access to complimentary coffee and newspapers for all customers including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Financial Times and power at the gate
- Advanced seat selection on all Delta Shuttle flights and complimentary access to Economy Comfort seats for SkyMiles Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion members at the time of booking
- Two classes of service with complimentary upgrades for SkyMiles Medallion members when available.
- Complimentary onboard snacks including bagels in the morning before 10:30 a.m. or gourmet nut mix for flights after 10:30 a.m.
- Complimentary beverages in-flight including craft beer and wine in all classes of service
- Cocktails available for purchase in economy
- Access to in-flight Wi-Fi on all Shuttle flights
- Access to power from every seat on the Boeing 717 aircraft
Steele Luxury Travel